Summer time is often wedding time. This has never been more true for me than this year as we have already attended two summer weddings, been in another one, and will be in one more in August (Emmalie and I are constantly grateful we got married six months ago instead of this summer)!
So in light of the weddings that have taken and will take place, I wanted to share a few great resources for married couples to appreciate. Starting next week and going every Friday until I run out of marriage books, I will be posting a review of these resources. Here they are in order of upcoming appearance on the blog:
- What He Must Be: …If He Wants to Marry My Daughter by Voddie Baucham Jr.
- The Christian Husband: God’s Job Description for a Man’s Most Challenging Assignment by Bob Lepine
- What Did You Expect? Redeeming the Realities of Marriage by Paul David Tripp
- The Greener Grass Conspiracy: Finding Contentment on Your Side of the Fence by Stephen Altrogge (reading now; see note below)
- Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy by Gary Thomas
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The First 90 Days of Marriage by Eric and Leslie Ludy